[USRP-users] [UHD 3.8.0-RC1] Release Candidate Announcement

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Tue Oct 14 07:07:05 EDT 2014

Hey everyone,

I hinted at it in a previous email, and we're getting closer: The 3.8.0
release is nearly there. As usual, we're putting out a release candidate
first to give it some public exposure and additional testing before we
do the actual release.

You can get this release by either pulling master branch, or checking
out the RC's tag: https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/tree/003_008_000_rc1

This is a pretty big change, and there might be more release candidates.
However, we want to get our stuff out to the public as soon as possible,
so here it is.

If you go ahead and pull now, it will be a huge diff (might take a bit,
don't worry).
A couple of notes on this release:

- We have reorganized the firmware and fpga subdirectories. The former
was simply moved around, but the latter is now a git submodule. Run 'git
submodule init' and 'git submodule update' if you want to read and
change the fppga source code.
- B200 updates: We've fixed the issue with B200 rapidly losing
connection on some devices (this particular issue never existed on
maint, but for a while it was in master). The reason was the version of
the SDK we used to compile the firmware. Altogether, B200 initialization
is now much faster.
- E310: This device includes support for our upcoming embedded device.
News on the actual device will follow in the near future, so please be
patient.
- CMake improvements: Among some fixes, we now distribute a
UHDConfig.cmake file which you can use to more easily build applications
linking to UHD. We provide an example on how to do that in
host/examples/init_usrp/.

Since this is a release candidate, we'd appreciate any testing. Thank you!

Cheers,
Martin

## Changelog for 3.8.0-RC1
* Added E310 support
* B200/B210: Moved AD9361 controls from firmware to host
* Added several tools: ZPU dissector, improved CHDR dissector,
  kitchen sink, B200/B210 USB debugging utility, latency
  measurement tool.
* Reorganized firmware/ directory structure. Refactored some
  firmware.
* Removed FPGA sources, is now in own repository (submoduled).
* Cleaned up command line arguments for some tools
* Added math namespace, plus a unified float comparison infrastructure
* Fixed tuning-related bugs
* Moved manual over to Doxygen, also several manual bug fixes and
  amendments
* Added many missing virtual destructors (less build warnings)
* Added support for NI-RIO 14.0
* X300 fixes: Not found over PCIe with no eth interfaces,
* CMake improvements: Now comes with own UHDConfig.cmake and example
  to build standalone UHD apps, build fixes on Apple, interoperability
  with GNU Radio
* OctoClock fixes and improvements: Ethernet initialization, external
  ref detection, stability fixes, host driver (UHD can now talk to
  OctoClock)
* Examples: Improved GPIO example, rx_samples_to_file