[USRP-users] FW: GPSDO & B200

Simon Brown simon at sdr-radio.com
Tue Oct 14 06:34:59 EDT 2014

Hi,

>From my user: “After a lot of playing around I was finally able to load an
image into the FPGA (with the GPSDO module installed). Then I placed the GPS
antenna on the window sill --  and waited.  Eventually one of the green LEDs
on the module began to randomly flash.  The lock indicated (LED100) on the
B200 board was still off.  After quite a while the lock indicators on the
module and the board came on.”

And it worked OK.

So my suggestion is that maybe a firmware update is needed to only use the
GPSDO if there’s a lock, in any event always return sample rates. There are
many reasons why the GPS signals may not be received

Simon Brown G4ELI
http://v2.sdr-radio.com