[USRP-users] [UHD 3.7.3] Release Announcement

Balint Seeber balint.seeber at ettus.com
Wed Oct 8 18:05:51 EDT 2014

Hi Ralph,

With 'master' UHD, please load the attached FW onto your device using
uhd_find_devices --args="fw=<path to .hex>"

And then run 'b2x0_side_channel.py' inside the attached tarball.

Make a note of the following counter values in your output:

    phy_error_count: 00214    link_error_count: 00000    PHY_LOCK_EV:
00000    TRAINING_ERROR_EV: 00000    RX_ERROR_CRC32_EV: 00000
RX_ERROR_CRC16_EV: 00000    RX_ERROR_CRC5_EV: 00000
PHY_ERROR_DISPARITY_EV: 00000    PHY_ERROR_EB_UND_EV: 00001
PHY_ERROR_EB_OVR_EV: 00000    PHY_ERROR_DECODE_EV: 00001

Some will be non-zero, which is fine (e.g. phy_error_count).* You can
ignore the "usb_error_update_count" value.*

Then in another console, run whichever apps tend to cause the issue to
manifest itself, and keep an eye on those counters. If any of them go up
dramatically, that's a clue.

Thanks,
Balint