[USRP-users] Loading USRP X3x0 by baseband processing functions

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Oct 8 12:21:37 EDT 2014

Hello Birhane,
sorry for the late reply, but:
The only limit is your ability to write FPGA code (absolutely
non-trivial, doesn't sound like a one-man project at all) and the free
ressources on the FPGA. Now, for larger FPGA projects I'd recommend
getting the X310.

Using the upcoming RF Network On Chip, our "next big thing" in USRP FPGA
architecture, this could get a little easier by encapsulating
functionality in computation nodes that can exchange information using a
flexible crossbar.

However, a complete GSM stack is a big thing, and I don't see much use
in implementing it in FPGA rather than host code, especially since
working GSM base stations already exist (openBTS).

Best regards,
Marcus Müller