[USRP-users] Help building UHD...?

Robert McIntyre rjmcinty at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 20:50:25 EDT 2014

Not sure what's going on here.  Monday night, I was able to download and build UHD following these instructions on a stock/updated Debian Testing system:

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/UHD_build

The next night I tried to build gnuradio, and had to stop in the middle, and it basically horked my system, so I just reinstalled the Debian Testing OS, and updated, and then started over last night.

When I tried to build UHD again, I started getting CMAKE errors.  Got frustrated, flattened my system (it's a test system), and installed Debian Stable (Wheezy), and tried again.

Still getting CMAKE errors, but they're different now.  Pasted below.

Hoping someone can help decipher what I'm doing wrong.  As far as I know, I've done the same thing every time.  I tried fiddling with some of the CMake settings last night, but got nowhere.  I took a look through the git repo history, and nothing sticks out, but I'm not familiar with the code.

Thanks!
Robert

user at machine:/data/sources/uhd/host/build$ cmake ../
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Unix Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/data/sources/uhd/host/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage