[USRP-users] rx_samples_to_file issue

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Wed Oct 1 23:39:01 EDT 2014

On 10/01/2014 11:34 PM, gsmandvoip wrote:
> Thank you for your reply,
> Yes it appeared to me as bug as well, but unable to figure out how to
> get rid of it, please guide me.
> I want to record samples at 8M samples, using uhd_rx_cfile, gives me
> lots of overrun (OOOOOOOOO) and I am unable to use that data, so
> trying record without gnuradio overhead. By the way, I am using USRP1
> along with DBRX1, while pc having ubuntu14.04 64 bit, 12 gb ram and i7
> processor(which I think should not be bottleneck, please correct me if
> I am wrong)
> Thanks

If you're only recording a single channel, then you don't need the
usrp1_fpga_4rx.rbf FPGA image.

What exact parameters are you giving to uhd_rx_cfile?    It shouldn't be
*that* much more overhead that rx_samples_to_file.

Also, why are you running a 32-bit system image on a 64-bit machine like
the i7?  Are you running this in a VM by any chance?