[USRP-users] Fwd: overrun 'o' from USRP B210

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Dec 23 12:47:28 EST 2014

On 12/22/2014 06:20 AM, altaf sk via USRP-users wrote:
> Hello USRP users,
>
> I am running a flowgraph application (written in C++) with USRP B210
> connected to host via USB3.
>
> Sampling rate: 15.36MS/s
> Master clock rate: 15.36MS/s
>
> using gnuradio 3.7.3 and uhd 3.7.1
>
> I have the overrun 'o' printed on stdout every 3-4 seconds. The signal
> processing function on the host has heavy computing and I do not want
> to change the decimation factor.
>
> I tried running the application with high priority but no success.
>
> Is it possible to solve with recv_buff_size parameter.?
>
> Can you please guide me on how to solve this overrun problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alt-F

Increasing recv_frame_size may or may not help.

If, on long-term average, your machine cannot "keep up" with the flow,
then no amount of buffering will help.

Also, some USB-3.0 controllers don't handle high-speed flows very
well--what type of USB-3.0 controller do you have?

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator