[USRP-users] Upgrading of UHD version

Neel Pandeya neel.pandeya at ettus.com
Mon Dec 22 03:39:14 EST 2014

Hello Wen Bin:

First, if you're using an X310, then I would strongly recommend that you
use UHD 3.8.1. There have been several important changes that specifically
benefit the X-series devices.

It sounds like you installed 3.7.1 from binary packages. I would suggest
uninstalling the packages, and then building and installing 3.8.1 from
source. Try "sudo apt-get remove <package-name>" to do the uninstall. Then,
download a zip file of 3.8.1 from GitHub [1] (or do a git clone), and then
build and install using the build guide at [2].

[1] https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/tree/release_003_008_001

[2] http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_build_guide.html

--Neel