[USRP-users] Upgrading of UHD version

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Mon Dec 22 03:12:04 EST 2014

Hello Wen Bin,
uninstalling the old version of UHD is always a good idea. Please note
that the version of UHD that you have installed must be *exactly* the
version of UHD that was used to build the software you are using.

On a side note: Ubuntu 13.10 is kind of outdated by now (it's end of
life and is no longer supported by Canonical). Please consider updating
to 14.04.1 -- that is a long term support release, or directly to the
most recent 14.10.

If I was asked, my procedure for updating UHD would be:
0. Uninstall uhd.
1. Update to Ubuntu14.10
2. get pybombs [1]
3. "pybombs install uhd"