[USRP-users] Tx Streaming using 3.8.1

Robert Kossler Robert.D.Kossler.3 at nd.edu
Wed Dec 17 15:46:48 EST 2014

Hi,
With my X310 (CBX-120), I've noticed some unexpected behavior with version
3.8.1 driver/FPGA. I'm suspecting that this version made some changes with
respect to TX streaming levels.  I have a "tx_samples_from_file" custom app
that repeatedly sends the same fixed length sequence (initially read from
the file).  I seem to be getting both of the following:
1) higher output power
2) significant compression (non-linear output) unless I scale all the
values by about 0.5.

My plan was to role back to the previous version to confirm, but I confess
that I don't know the best way to do so.  I'm not particularly adept with
either git or Linux in general.  I presently compile from source after
doing a "git pull" on the master branch.  What is the best/easiest way to
test versus a previous version?

Rob