[USRP-users] E110 - Detects 63MB RAM in lieu of 512 MB

Philip Balister philip at opensdr.com
Wed Dec 17 14:41:12 EST 2014

On 12/17/2014 12:59 PM, Marcus Müller via USRP-users wrote:
> Hi Brais,
>
> I'm no expert in this, but the mem=80M looks suspicious.
> I was under the impression that the problem was bound to the Overo (the
> gumstick-sized board containing the CPU and SD card slot), but that boot
> line should be coming from the installation on the SD Card, so I need to
> confirm this:
> the problem doesn't "stick" to a SD card image, but to the Overo itself,
> right?

OK, since you have an overo with NAND flash, u-boot is reading the
cmdline from NAND flash. It is likely someone was doing some DSP work
and used the mem= option to reserve memory for the DSP.

You can reset the u-boot environment by clearing the NAND memory where
the environment is stored.

See step 4 at:

http://gumstix.org/getting-started-guide/243-booting-your-gumstix-system.html

The default environment from the u-boot binary should then let you
access all RAM. Thanks for your patience as we worked through this.

Philip