[USRP-users] B210 Concurrent Process Access

Peter Witkowski pwitkowski at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:53:22 EST 2014

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding how UHD handles concurrent processes
accessing the same USRP.

Say I have two applications (totally separate processes in Linux) and both
want to talk to the same B210 (and use different channels on the B210).
Can both processes communicate with the device concurrently?  I noted that
the make() call to multi_usrp returns a shared pointer, so I was wondering
if (as a result) you can have multiple processes access the same physical
device (with the same device arguments).

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Peter Witkowski
pwitkowski at gmail.com