[USRP-users] [B200 USRP] HDSDR] " Failed to create USRP without device hint"

numeric numeric at att.net
Mon Dec 15 14:31:51 EST 2014

Hello group,

I just received my USRP b200 circuit board:-) . I thought that I would
start with known software for Windows 8.1 64 bit. I downloaded
uhd_003.008.000-release_Win64_VS2013.exe from the ETTUS website and ran
the installation. It installed to "Program files (x86)\UHD". When I
tried to set the file path to "all users or current users" I get an
error "Warning! PATH too long installer unable to modify PATH!". The
[path >path.txt] from the command prompt, is 639 Hex characters long or
1593 in decimal. Excluding 0xd 0xa (EOL). Ignored the error. Next
installed "ExtIO_USRP+FCD+BorIP_Setup.zip". It installed to "Program
files (x86)\hdsdr". The program HDSDR was previously installed and used
with the QS1R receiver using it's own EXTIO dll file. The QS1R extio dll
was deleted before installing EXTIO_USRP to avoid potential conflicts.
During the installation, zadaig.exe activated.
Question:
Since UHD.dll is already a driver do I need to use zadaig? The device
manager indicated "Westbridge" when the USPR B200 is plugged in, it
changes to B200 after running "uhd_find_devices.exe". I get the same
device hint problem if zidaig is run or not.
What files is EXTIO_USRP looking for?

Question:
What am I doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated,