[USRP-users] UHD and Thread Safety

Ben Hilburn ben.hilburn at ettus.com
Thu Dec 11 15:12:10 EST 2014

Hi Nathan -

Generally, any UHD function that doesn't involve streaming is *not
*thread-safe.
So if you called "get_time_now" from two separate threads at the same time,
that is *not* a thread-safe operation.

If all you are doing is polling sensors from a thread that is different
from the thread in which you started streaming, you should be OK. But, it
is not technically thread safe.

Cheers,
Ben