[USRP-users] USRP X310 motherboard issues

Timothy Schaffer reffahcs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:02:44 EST 2014

I received an X310 from NI last week along with 2 x WBX-120 boards and I've
noticed a difference in signal quality between the A and B subdevs of the
motherboard. Overall, It seems the signals receive from the B side are
generally distorted and prone to harmonics. I naturally assumed this was an
issue with the WBX boards, so I swapped them and noticed the same issues.
Next I swapped the cables connected to the bulkhead and still the same
issue.
I''m currently using UHD 3.008.000-52, but have not tried other versions.
I've reloaded the FPGA firmware, ran all 3 cal routines on both subdevs.
I'm not sure what else to try? I'v eattached a couple of screen shots of
some of the tests I performed with an HP E4432B. The tests were done back
to back using the same cable from the siggen to the USRP.

You can see in these two screen shots, the actual distortion to the
waveform in the scope.
[image: Inline image 2].[image: Inline image 1]

Here is a DQPSK(24.3ksps) test signal at 303 MHz

[image: Inline image 3][image: Inline image 4]

Any ideas on what could be wrong, or does it need to go back to NI for
repair/replace?

-Tim