[USRP-users] Fwd: UHD Compilation in Windows

John van Leiden dekorenbrug at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:13:35 EST 2014

Dear all,

I have build the UDH distribution in windows.

I have follow this guide:
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_build_guide.html

and this post
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25161203/build-uhd-with-cmake-for-windows-xp32-bit
in order to set the flags and the path in CMake.

I success. I build UHD without no errors.

The point if I want to execute any file, for instance rx_samples_to_file.exe
I have to put in the same directory all the bost dll:
boost_timer-vc120-mt-gd-1_56.dll
 boost_timer-vc120-mt-1_56.dll
etc

and the libusb-1.0.dll

Otherwise, when I run the program, I get the typical windows error:
The program can't start because file.dll is missing from your computer

Nevertheless, If all the dll are in the same folder the program runs OK.

*Is there any mistake (flag that i have forgot)  or any path to add? *
*How I can do in order to avoid adding all the dll in all the folders? *
*If I put the dll in C/Windows/System32 it does not work. *

Using the original UDH, the dll are not needed in the same folder, and I
have checked that they aren't either in C/Windows/System32

Many thanks in advance for your help
Br