[USRP-users] Bad Data from USRP N210 on OS X after many captures

Michael Dickens michael.dickens at ettus.com
Tue Dec 9 11:04:52 EST 2014

Hi Nathan - I'll work with you off list to get the basics. If/when we
find something useful we can report back. - MLD

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014, at 06:15 PM, Perelman, Nathan via USRP-users wrote:
> I have an application that uses a USRP N210 and performs repeated
> short captures, usually retuning between them. On OS X I have found
> that I get good data for several hours (sometimes as long as a couple
> days), but eventually the USRP goes
 into some bad state. Once in this state, all samples in a single
 capture from the USRP have some near constant I & Q value (which
 varies +/- 1 over the course of the capture). I have attached a sample
 packet from a Wireshark capture where you can see the bad data (the
 USRP in this case was tuned to an empty area of spectrum). If I quit
 and restart my application (closing and reopening the connection to
 the USRP), the USRP will return to functioning normally for several
 hours again.

> The captures are all done at 50 or 25 MHz sampling rates and I do
> observe some captures failing with overruns which my software will
> retry. I am using OS X 10.9, UHD 3.8.0, an N210r4, and an SBX
> daughterboard. I have seen this issue with
 2 separate USRPs and daughterboards on 2 separate Macbooks.