[USRP-users] Phase alignment

Jawad Seddar jawad.seddar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 10:09:03 EST 2014

Thank you Marcus for taking the time to read and respond, much appreciated.

If I understand your first paragraph correctly and taking the attached
image as an example, if both A and B are tuned before P1 and we assume
phases are aligned at this time, then when sending P1 and P2, the RF
oscillators used to mix the RF signals from both A and B will have the same
phase. Then when A sends S, its RF oscillator phase will rotate, thus when
sending P3 its phase will be different than the RF oscillator used in B. Is
this somewhat correct?

I thought that the oscillator used to mix the RF signals would be always
running thus its phase would only be time dependent and not dependent on
the amount of samples going out of the radio.

Please find attached a more detailed representation of what I am actually
doing.
As you can see, packets with the same contents are sent from both A and B
at the same time.

A has an extra packet that it sends in between transmissions of common
packets.
All packets are time tagged and common packets leave both devices at the
same time instants.

Tuning only occurs once at the beginning of the execution.

Regards,
Jawad