[USRP-users] Error to read dat/binary file in octave as well in matlab from gnu radio

alok ranjan alokranjan007 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:59:58 EST 2014

Hello All,

I am facing an error when i am trying to convert dat/bin(octet streams, binary application) into either octave or mat format.

The bin file is generated from uhd_rx_cfile 0r rx_samples_to_file, which i used for capturing the transmitted and received signals. Since the default extension is binary file so i want to read the I&Q data from that either in Matlab or Octave.

I am trying the following command in octave to convert but it throws an error ;

addpath("/home/username/gnuradio/gr-utils/")

data_oct = read_complex_binary("/home/username/datafile name")

After this second command it is throwing an error that read_complex_binary is not defined in line 1 column 12.

What i am doing wrong ?

How can i extract the information from the bin file ?

Any help is appreciated.

Alok Ranjan