[USRP-users] Gen2 reader

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Dec 3 13:03:12 EST 2014

Hello Mahran

this is an interesting application.

I'd like to understand what's going wrong here:
You say the USRP doesn't continously send a carrier wave. I assume this
is happening between your transmissions?

The USRP will send any signal you want and will try to be as silent as
possible as long as you are not transmitting. If you want a continous
carrier, you will have to continously send samples containing the
appropriate signal.
Since the N210 architecture is by principle full-duplex capable, as are
the RFX daughterboards, this should normally not be a problem, unless
crosstalk is problematic (e.g. it saturates your RX amplifiers/mixers).

Could you please explain in more detail how you transit your signals
(including the carrier)?

Best regards,
Marcus