[USRP-users] sensing Bluetooth signals using USRP

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Dec 3 12:50:29 EST 2014

Hi Hossein,

If you just want to easily get started with your USRP and see some
spectrum, there's some software to make your PC look a lot like a
spectrum analyzer (gqrx, sdr#, hdsdr, sdrangelove, gr-fosphor ...). GNU
Radio is a very popular framework that can talk to USRPs, so maybe you
want to use that. It also comes with some examples showing a spectrum as
recorded by a USRP.

UHD (the USRP hardware driver, you will have to have that installed)
comes with a very nice example called "rx_ascii_art_dft", find it on
your computer and call it with a frequency your hardware supports and
with a sampling rate, e.g.
./rx_ascii_art_dft --freq 1e9  --rate 1e6

This will display an PSD in your text console :)

Generally, you will need some software that uses UHD to talk to the
USRP. GNU Radio is an example, but there are also simulink interfaces,
the spectrum analyzer softwares mentioned above, and a lot of
independent code.

Greetings,
Marcus