[USRP-users] Compiling gr_baz on OSX

Michael Dickens michael.dickens at ettus.com
Mon Sep 23 14:16:25 EDT 2013

Hi Nigel - This is probably a better issue for the gnuradio discussion list:

That said, some thoughts:

1) Have you tried GNU Radio via MacPorts?  I'm the "OSX" guru of GNU Radio / UHD and highly recommend trying MacPorts for these since it usually "just works" out of the box.  I've heard from a number of folks trying to use HomeBrew that GNU Radio is not a simple install; simple is good in this case, which is why I recommend MacPorts.  If you do make sure do use the +full variant for the install; I will make this the default in the near future, maybe even during GrCon'13.

2) Is the "gr-baz" you're referring to found at < http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/Gr-baz > and < https://github.com/balint256/gr-baz >?  If so, that's pretty old; I'm not sure it's updated for the GNU Radio 3.7 API, which I think would solve your issue.  Maybe this addition is included with PyBombs?  I haven't tried gr-baz yet on OSX; yet another item for GrCon'13 for me, maybe?

If you want to pursue this further with me off-list, I'll try to help but my time is limited this week; next week with GrCon'13 I should have more time to try out gr-baz for myself. - MLD

--

Michael Dickens, Mac OS X Programmer

Ettus Research Technical Support

Email: support at ettus.com