[USRP-users] Problem using RX1 and RX2 of TVRX2 at different time

Cheng Chi ch0004hi at e.ntu.edu.sg
Mon Sep 23 06:03:21 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Anyone knows how to record data from both RX1 and RX2 of TVRX2 but not at
the same time? We are using USRP N210.

Here is our problem scenario in detail:

We specify subdevice using set_rx_subdev_spec("A:RX1 A:RX2") and adapt the
code from examples/rx_multi_samples.cpp. It works well at sampling rate of
10Msps. But when we increase the sampling rate to 25Msps, we have an
overflow indication. We guess it's because we let the two channels stream
at the same time, which is too much for the USRP or the write medium.

However, all we need is sampling at one channel at a time, so we try to
sample and record data at RX1 for some time period T and put RX1 into idle
mode, and then sample and record data at RX2. But we don't know how to set
the subdevice correctly.

We create two usrp objects and do the channel mapping in the following way,
but it seems that we are only sampling data from RX2.
{{{
rx1_usrp -> set_rx_subdev_spec("A:RX1")
rx2_usrp -> set_rx_subdev_spec("A:RX2")
}}}

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Best regards,
Cheng Chi