[USRP-users] Linux-ready PCIe USB 3.0 controllers for B200/B210

Nowlan, Sean Sean.Nowlan at gtri.gatech.edu
Sun Sep 22 21:23:48 EDT 2013

Has anybody had success with B200/B210 on a PCI Express based USB 3.0 card in Linux? I think support is in the kernel already but I'm not sure which cards are best supported. Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places (Newegg and Amazon comments, mostly) but this information has been harder to find than I expected.

The Ettus FAQ page points to some chipsets that work (and some to avoid), but if anybody can point to cards that have worked for them, that would be appreciated.

http://www.ettus.com/kb/detail/usrp-b200-and-b210-usb-30-streaming-rate-benchmarks

This one looks like it will fit the bill - some user reviews show that it has a VL80x chip and one reviewer said it worked on Ubuntu 12.04 without any hassle. http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Uspeed-Express-20-pin-Connector/dp/B007SJGGAE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379898532&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+3.0+pci+express

--sean