[USRP-users] Boost modules not showing / Error when opening USRP

Felix W. wunsch.felix at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 3 02:49:34 EDT 2013

Hi all!

I'm having some problems installing / using UHD. I'm working with Windows
XP (32 bit), UHD 003.005.003 maint, Boost 1.54.0 and MS Visual Studio 2008.

My first attempt was to use the UHD installer (003.005.003). But it turned
out that, although the examples were running great, I could not compile my
own programs. As soon as I executed the minimal example [1], I ended up
somewhere in dbgheap.c. So I decided to compile from source hoping that
this would solve the issue.

CMake configuring went smoothly but when I compiled there were errors for
the tests about undefined symbols - obviously the boost unit test framework
lib was not found. After examining the CMake output I  noticed that
although FindBoost found the Boost headers and the correct path to all the
lib files (including unit test framework), no Boost libraries are shown
after "Boost libraries:". I guess, this is not expected behavior?

After disabling the tests, compiling went fine. However, the progress is
still limited. When executing [1], I get an access violation error reading
at 0x0 after the make() command. In Debug mode, the program runs on and I
was even able to transmit some stuff, but it directly terminates in Release
mode.

So, I'd appreciate any hints or possible solutions, be it about using UHD
in binary or source form.

Greetings,
Felix Wunsch

[1] minimal_example.cpp

#include <uhd/usrp/multi_usrp.hpp>

int main()
{
    std::string addr = "";
    uhd::device_addr_t args(addr);
    uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::sptr usrp;
    usrp = uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::make(args);
    return 0;
}