[USRP-users] Crest factor for A/D

Matt Ettus matt at ettus.com
Thu Feb 28 12:39:03 EST 2013

David,

One way to know if you are getting overload is to look for samples that are
at the max 14-bit 2's comp size, so +8191/-8192.  This would need to be
done in the FPGA ahead of any of the other DSP.  You could create a block
which just watches the stream, and reports back if/when you hit the max
amplitudes.  This could come back as context packets.

Matt