[USRP-users] small feature request

Stefano Speretta s.speretta at isispace.nl
Tue Feb 26 09:25:42 EST 2013

Hello,
I am writing an application using uhd to access a usrp B100 ubnder
Linux. I noticed that when the user has not the permissions to
access the usb bus an exception is thrown by uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::make
stating "KeyError: No devices found for -----> Empty Device Address".

On a command line application there would be a message displayed, as for
example in uhd_usrp_probe:

UHD Error:
     USB open failed: insufficient permissions.
     See the application notes for your device.
Error: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
Empty Device Address

but this is difficult to catch in GUI applications. Could it be possible
to throw a message that points to the insufficient permissions in case
of error?

Thanks
Stefano