[USRP-users] How to set up metadata for simultaneous rx/tx application on USRP N210

Fernando Quivira f.quivira at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 19:18:26 EST 2013

Hi guys:

I'm trying to write a multi-threaded application to run a rx thread and a
tx thread. I was looking at the txrx_loopback_to_file example, and I saw
that to setup the metadata, this code was used:

    uhd::tx_metadata_t md;
    md.start_of_burst = true;
    md.end_of_burst   = false;
    md.has_time_spec  = true;
    md.time_spec = uhd::time_spec_t(0.1); //give us 0.1 seconds to fill the
tx buffers

However, the other tx example files only use this:

    uhd::tx_metadata_t md;
    md.start_of_burst = false;
    md.end_of_burst = false;

What is the difference between these two ways of setting up the metadata?

Thanks