[USRP-users] Changing FPGA Code in USRP N210

Jinu Jayachandran jinujayachandran at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 13:18:01 EST 2013

Thanks for the replies.

I had changed the Makefile.N210R4 as Florian had suggested to include my
custom block after the ddc chain in the receiver module. I want to confirm
whether it is the right place to put my FFT block. So what I did was, I
wrote a simple module in the custom_dsp_rx.v file which takes in
ddc_out_sample and shifts the sample to left by 16 bits (ddc_out_sample <<
16) and assign it to bbc_sample. So basically I am removing the In Phase
components from the sample and corrupting the data (am I right?). I had
also latched the bb_strobe and ddc_out_enable signals.

Then I used the /digital/narrowband example from the gnuradio to transmit a
text file from a remote machine and receive it on host machine. If my
module had worked, the text file should NOT have received correctly. But
surprisingly the data sent from the transmitter is received exactly same at
the  receiver host. (I had also tried with changing the values of
ddc_out_sample in many ways and assigning it to bbc_sample. It may be a
stupid way of testing, but I would like to try out things).

1) Is the above way of testing correct ?.
2) If not, how can I test the scenario of changing the received data in
FPGA before putting in my FFT code?
3) Do I need to do anything with set_stb, set_addr and set_data signals?
4) Is the narrowband example enough to display it in the host machine ?
5) Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks and Regards
Jinu