[USRP-users] start_of_burst=true missing in timed receive bursts

Josh Blum josh at ettus.com
Mon Feb 18 14:11:13 EST 2013

On 02/17/2013 07:00 PM, John Buetefuer wrote:

> I'm using timed receive bursts in an application and have noticed that
> start_of_burst is not being set to true in the receive metadata
> (rx_metadata_t) returned in the first recv() call on the stream.
> end_of_burst=true is being set in the last 'packet' of received samples
> - and thus I do have a work-around - ie, the first batch of samples
> received /after/ the end_of_burst=true must be the start_of_burst for
> the next timed receive command. It would be nice if start_of_burst was
> set however
>
> Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or if it has been fixed
> recently?

The start of burst tag actually has no realization in the FPGA. Its just
implied by being after an end of burst. And the FPGA state machines make
the same assumption.

The SOB has some history to it, but it will probably go away in a API
breaking release in the future. Sorry, that is confusing.

-josh