[USRP-users] Regarding noise power calculation using SBX board

senthil murugan amrita.senthil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:33:15 EST 2013

hi,

I am trying to estimate noise power without injecting any signal in SBX
board with USRP N210.

1. Carrier frequency is 2.452GHz with BW of 10MHZ.
2. Gain = 0dB and using Tx/Rx port.

noise power = (sum of 64 samples of amplitude squared)/64.

I am getting around -78 dB. If I try to evaluate dBm/Hz, I am getting
 -78 - 70 = -148 dB/Hz.  Hence , it will be -118 dBm/Hz.

Its not matching with theoretical value of -174 dBm/Hz + 5 dB = -169 dBm/Hz.

Where am I going wrong with my calculations?

Thanks
sencen