[USRP-users] sync across hosts/programs

Qifanski qifanski at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 20:23:33 EST 2013

Hi,

I have a configuration like this and want to phase sync all the USRP N210s
here:
1) all USRPs are connected to the clock with 1pps and 20Mhz ref.
2) USRPs are connected to different desktops, programs are running
independently on these desktops.

If I want to create a MIMO node out of these USRPs (phase synced), by my
understanding, I could block all the programs at somewhere and let the
USRPs wait for the 1 pps signal. As long as the time points these USRPs
start to wait for the pps vary within 1 second, they should be synced,
right?

If so, is before
uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::set_time_unknown_pps<http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1usrp_1_1multi__usrp.html#a413014bf3aea4a8ea2d268b4a3b390e9>
the
place I should block all the programs and let them wait for a control
signal (through socket maybe) ?

Do I need to sync again before send() and recv()?

Thanks,
Qski