[USRP-users] USRP N210 revision number

djch-usrp at hutchhome.co.uk djch-usrp at hutchhome.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 19:17:45 EST 2013

I have to use an N210 for the first time, and I need to determine the revision number to load the correct FPGA images

Unfortunately we had to buy the device via National Instruments in the UK - long story.... And so the box only has a National Instrument sticker on the back , which calls an N210 + WBX an 'NI USRP-2920' NO revision number

I've looked in the box, the WBX says rev 3.0, but I can't see anything on the PCB (unless it's on the underside - don't want to totally strip it (yet))

I have photographed the main chip numbers - does anyone know what changed rev 2 to 3 to 4 - or how to determine this by software. (I'm trying *not* to brick the device in my first 24h - I don't have any access to jtag kit to recover it:-)

I need to load the normal ettus fpga code for gnuradio - I believe it currently holds the NI labview code

Many thanks

--David