[USRP-users] [Discuss-gnuradio] SBX TX/RX RX leakage

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Fri Feb 8 16:26:26 EST 2013

On 02/08/2013 04:10 PM, gang li wrote:
> When the signal received on RF2 port has a very weak strength, the
> energy leaked from TX to RX will dominate in the total received
> energy. I have observed this in my experiments. Are there any ways to
> measure the leaked signal so i can compensate it? I am thinking a way
> of by connecting the RF1 and RF2 ports with a long cable and 60db
> attenuators. And then i record the received signal. I assume it is the
> leaked signal from TX. Are there any better ways? Thanks for your
> reply.
>
> Best,
> Gang
Are you TX/RX on the same frequency, or different frequencies?

The usual way to deal with this on different-frequency setups is to use
a duplexor, or a deep notch filter on the RX port, and probably boost your
   antenna signal a bit with an external amplifier.

But if this is *same-frequency* duplex, the on-board leakage is really
minor compared to the coupling between your antennae.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator