[USRP-users] gain setting and clipping

Sivan Toledo stoledo at tau.ac.il
Wed Feb 6 03:09:41 EST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to find good settings of the gain and LO frequency in order to
detect weak signals in the presence of strong out-of-band (but nearby)
signals with an N200+WBX.

My obvious goal is to use the highest gain setting that does not result in
saturation in the ADCs and in the arithmetic in the FPGA.

Does saturation/clipping always results in maximum values (near 32767 in
absolute value) in the samples I get? Is this a reliable signal to reduce
gain (or move the LO away so that interfering signals are attenuated by the
anti-aliasing filters in the WBX)?

Thanks, Sivan