[USRP-users] USRP e100 u-boot.inc bitbake problem

Hacker Fantastic hackerfantastic at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:49:21 EST 2013

Hi all,
          I have been attempting to use open embedded to build a firmware image from scratch for the e100. The instructions at ettus are out-dated and so I have used the following build instructions. However I am having a problem on the last step when I perform the bitbake. The ettus_oe recipe for u-boot has a requirement set for "u-boot.inc" however this file cannot be found and thus the bake fails. Can anyone point me to where I can find the u-boot.inc file from the ettus recipe? I found this file in other platform recipe's but I figure that there maybe some changes which would mean I could not make use of the other files. My current build instructions so far are below;

1. First setup the openembedded environment and update it.

mkdir e100
cd e100
git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
./oebb.sh update

2. obtain the usrp-e1xx machine openembedded profiles and configure openembedded.

cd sources
git clone git://code.ettus.com/ettus/ettus_oe.git
cd ..
./oebb.sh config usrp-e1xx

3. now we need to tell the scripts about our extra usrp layer. edit
  "conf/bblayers.conf" and add the following line replacing with your path

EXTRALAYERS ?= "/home/fantastic/e100/setup-scripts/sources/ettus_oe/"

- source our environment & test compile a console image.

source ~/.oe/environment-angstromv2012.05
bitbake nano

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Matthew