[USRP-users] When does uhd::rx_streamer::recv return 0?

Sivan Toledo stoledo at tau.ac.il
Sun Feb 3 13:39:16 EST 2013

I have a code that reads continuously from a USRP N200 using UHD. Normally
I always get the same number of samples in each call to recv, the number
that was reported as the maximum per packet.

I installed UHD and my code on a new machine (I think it's a newer version
of UHD) and now I sometimes get 0 from recv. The documentation says that
the method returns the number of samples received or 0 on error.

How do I find out what the error is? Is it possible to know that the method
returned with 0 because of a timeout?

Thanks, Sivan