[USRP-users] UHD time stamps on USRP1 vs N200

Sivan Toledo stoledo at tau.ac.il
Thu Apr 18 00:02:17 EDT 2013

We have a code that used the time spec in the metadata of the recv method
of an RX stream.

On the N200 the time stamps are very accurate (to within 1ns of what we
expect, given the previous packet's time stamp and the sampling rate).

On a USRP1 we do get time stamps, but they seem to vary in a range of about
200us. Are these time stamps derived from the time UHD got the packet on
the host, rather than the time the samples were taken on the USRP?

Thanks, Sivan