[USRP-users] GPSDO loss of lock

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Sun Apr 14 13:55:15 EDT 2013

On 04/14/2013 01:36 PM, Sivan Toledo wrote:
> The UHD version is UHD_003.005.001. Not sure about firmware version
> because we did not write down which version we uploaded to the N200.
> Is there a way to tell? Should we upgrade to the latest firmware/FPGA
> image?

Testing those values so frequently is going to cause unnecessarily-high
control traffic.  Unless things are *broken*, there's absolutely no reason
   to test them so frequently.  Every few seconds perhaps, but every 64
packets?  That's a very high rate.  And the GPS_LOCK sensor mechanism
   within the GPSDO probably doesn't even operate over such short time
intervals--like I said, it's taking a "long view".

The VCTCXO is your typical GPSDO is designed to provide fairly-long
"holdover" times, and the servo mechanism tends to be able to cope with
   only-occasional "good" fixes from the satellite constellation.
Again, I can't comment on why your GPSDO is reporting loss-of-lock so
frequently,
   but it likely won't have a huge impact.