[USRP-users] VRT Passthrough

Joseph Payton joey.payton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:24:02 EDT 2013

Is there any straightforward way to receive and re-transmit the VRT packets
directly using UHD, configuring a streamer or otherwise? (I am using the
USRP N200)

I know that the conversion is done under the hood, but I have utility in
getting the VRT packets onto a disk. Also, the overhead of raw packet
capture is not attractive to me due to CPU constraints.

Right now the options that I see so far are:

1. To keep track of the metadata on my receives  and reconstruct the VRT
packet for my own use.

or

2. To override / extend the io implementation to provide a "null" unpacker
to be used in recv_pirate_loop, and just make sure that I am aware on
the receive side that I am not receiving the usual output.

Many thanks in advance and thanks for help given in the past.