[USRP-users] High CPU utilization (100%) when streaming two concurrent channels regardless of sample rate

Tom Hartley hartley at ecs.umass.edu
Thu Apr 4 09:12:54 EDT 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 11:06 PM, Josh Blum wrote:

>>    [...]
>
> This is a four line patch to serialize the conversions, no extra
> threads: http://pastebin.com/0Q2UDB8x
>
> I will try to get back to you in the morning using something with
> condition variables.
>
> -josh

Josh,

This patch appeared within a few hours of the moment I upgraded my prototype to 2-channels and encountered the same problem.  The patch solved the problem immediately for me as well.  Is this is the last word about it, or are you planning to fix it with condition variables or something else?

(Setup:  N210R4, BasicRX, Centos 6.1, core 2 duo 2.53GHz, Xilinx 13.4,
custom logic between DDC and packetizer, custom app based on rx_multi_samples,  5MSPS.
GNU C++ version 4.4.6 20110731 (Red Hat 4.4.6-3); Boost_104100; UHD_003.005.002-41-g587a9586)

Thanks for your vigilance on all these things!

Tom Hartley
University of Massachusetts - Amherst