[USRP-users] Purpose of 24-bit CORDIC in DDC chain?

Florian Schlembach florian.schlembach at tu-ilmenau.de
Tue Apr 2 08:59:50 EDT 2013

I am just analysing the FPGA code of the DDC chain. I just got stuck
when trying to find out the purpose of the CORDIC that comes right after
the ADCs.
According to my understanding, the only purpose of the CORDIC is to add
a certain phase increment using an efficient multiplier-free
implementation. The subsequent decimation of incoming, 100 MHz sampled
data (dealing with N210) is then performed via the CIC and Halfband filters.

Is that correct?