[USRP-users] PPM TX

Rui Pinheiro ruipinheiro0 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 08:51:43 EDT 2012

Hi there,

according to Josh's suggestion to create a PPM transmission I checked the
example tx_bursts. The pulse lengths time grid is 0.5 us (mircoseconds). I
selected a TX Rate of 8MHz. That means 4 samples per pulse.
Should the implementation be done by sending 1 packet per pulse including 4
samples and timed by using metadata with timespec OR just 1 packet with an
amplitude modulated wave including the pulses (like 4 samples full ampl for
a pulse or 4 samples zero ampl for non pulse)? Is the resolution of
timespec sufficient (nanoseconds)?
If you could send me a code snippet I would be very happy.

Thanx a lot for your help!

Rui