[USRP-users] Unable to connect module

Josh Blum josh at ettus.com
Wed Sep 26 13:50:37 EDT 2012

> I don't understand why the compiler says the carrier_sense module would be
> unconnected. That the registers are not connected is clear, because they
> are connected only to my module, which is removed. I didn't change anything
> in the u2_core after I compiled the first time (when it worked). I only
> changed the behavior description inside my carrier sense module. Undoing
> the changes don't help. The module stays unconnected and I don't know why.
>
> Can anyone help me ?
> I implemented the carrier_sense module with VHDL, because I'm a much more
> familiar with it. I don't think that this could be a problem, could it?

I would guess its just a simple error in the code. If it helps though,
we use the ZPU core which is actually vhdl. I had to make this wrapper
block which makes sure to use std_logic only for the IOs:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/repository/revisions/master/entry/fpga/usrp2/opencores/zpu/zpu_wb_top.vhd

-josh