[USRP-users] E100 uhd.git build

Antonio Mancina amancina at mbigroup.it
Sat Sep 22 02:52:12 EDT 2012

On 21/set/2012, at 17:17, mleech at ripnet.com wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2012 10:16, Antonio Mancina wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm experiencing some weird behaviour as far as UHD building from
>> source is concerned on an E100 platform.
> Did the cmake output indicate that it had included support for E100 when you did the build?

Hi Markus,

this is weird. In order to trigger the distcc compilation I invoked the cmake row like this:

CXX=dist++ CC=distgcc LD=g++ cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=dist++ -DCMAKE_CC_COMPILER=distgcc …

where … means the previously written flags and dist++ and distgcc are two links to a shell program which simply invokes distcc g++ and distcc gcc respectively. I usually put simply the cmake related flags there (with no prepending CXX/CC environment variable), but for uhd this was not sufficient and the standard g++ was used (whereas, in all the other cmake-based source packages I built, this was not the case).

I just noticed that, by doing so, it looks like as the cmake is invoked twice. The first time it prints out that E100 is enabled (and I read this), the second one that it's not, but without adding further notes on the output.

I dropped distcc-based compilation and just restarted the whole compilation (E100 support was on, now). I'll let you know how it'll end.

Thanks a lot!
Antonio