[USRP-users] USRP noise

Farrukh Aziz farrukh59th at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 04:01:49 EDT 2012

Hi, I am using USRP N210. I have recorded the USRP noise on the PC and it looks bizarrehttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21acyl2&s=6
I have examined several noise measurements and they are similar to this shown in link. During the measurements I ensured that there were no impulses arising on the Fourier plot and the spectrum was pretty flat. I record the complex samples as two floating points to have good resolution. I understand that due to filtering USRP noise may not be pure AWGN, but what I see here is unacceptable. Is it due to the low resolution that cannot distinguish samples at such low values?
I would be extremely grateful for any clarifications.
Farrukh Aziz Bhatti

Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Auckland