[USRP-users] 4*4 MIMO

Farrukh Aziz farrukh59th at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 18:35:22 EDT 2012

Hi, I was looking at this (new) document that shows different ways of making a MIMO system.
http://www.ettus.com/content/files/kb/mimo_and_sync_with_usrp.pdf

Since it did not discuss one of the options that I have used, so I thought to clarify myself. Can we implement a 2*2 MIMO by using a TVRX2 daughterboard on a USRP N210 without using any external reference signals?
Secondly can we implement a 4*4 MIMO by using 2 USRPs (N210) each fitted with a TVRX2 daughterboard. The USRPs are inter linked with a MIMO cable. The 1 PPS and 10 MHz synch signals are provided using a GPSDO (to the master node). However the GPSDO is not connected with a GPS antenna.
Please let me know if my approach is correct.
Farrukh Aziz Bhatti
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Auckland+64 21 02973964