[USRP-users] SBX RF board simultaneous mode with USRP Hardware Support for MATLAB

Stan Gamla cystrin at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:03:17 EDT 2012

As far as I understand, the Ettus SBX RF board comprises a full-duplex
transceiver with separate receive and transmit chains, each having its own
local oscillator.

https://www.ettus.com/product#tabs-3 states that:
"The SBX is a wide bandwidth transceiver that provides up to 100 mW of
output power, and a typical noise figure of 5 dB. The local oscillators for
the receive and transmit chains operate independently, which allows
dual-band operation. The SBX is MIMO capable, and provides 40 MHz of
bandwidth. The SBX is ideal for applications requiring access to a variety
of bands in the 400 MHz-4400 MHz range. Example application areas include
WiFi, WiMax, S-band transceivers and 2.4 GHz ISM band transceivers."

Further, according to their website "The MathWorks USRPR Hardware Support
from [sic] MATLAB and Simulink is compatible with UHDT-based Ettus radios".

http://www.mathworks.com/discovery/sdr/usrp.html viz:
"MATLAB and Simulink support for USRPR devices has been tested on N210 and
USRP2R devices with WBX, SBX, XCVR2450, TVRX, TVRX2, LFRX, LFTX, DBSRX, and
DBSRX2 daughterboards. Support may also extend to other UHDT-based radios
and daughterboards from National InstrumentsR."

Are both of these statements correct, I wonder?

If The MathWorks is tuned in to this channel, could you please comment and
perhaps provide an illustration of how to configure the N210/SBX using both
MATLAB and Simulink so that a signal is transmitted from the RF1 port and
received by the RF2. As a suggestion, slider controls could be used in
Simulink to independently adjust the RF settings of both the transmitter and
receiver to include at least gain and center frequency. A spectrum of the
received signal should be displayed.

On the other hand, if I have misunderstood what is meant by the word
"supported" could either Ettus or The MathWorks comment please.

Thanks,

Stan