[USRP-users] Slow Frequency hopping using N2xx

Thomas Tsou ttsou at vt.edu
Thu Jun 28 11:24:30 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Birhane Alemayoh <birhanea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on GSM signal capturing and decoding. GSM uses slow Frequency
> hopping, Does the current N2xx devices support frequency hopping,?
> Can they really tune with the GSM hoping time?
> Can I get any source code or any documentation for this?

The N2xx can support enough bandwidth to simultaneously capture any
reasonable set of hopped GSM carriers. In other words, tune the RF to
a single frequency, oversample the input, and downconvert each of the
individual carriers to baseband for decoding. This approach could be
referred to as baseband hopping with a single multicarrier receiver.

OpenBTS has this functionality, but not in the form of a standalone
scanner / decoder like Airprobe.

  Thomas