[USRP-users] using tune_request_t

Sanat Gulvadi sanatgulvadi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 02:17:47 EDT 2012

Greetings,

I have a question about using the tune_request_t in my application. I have
read from previous posts that there is an inherent DC component at the
receiver which cannot be eliminated but can be pushed so that it occurs
outside the band of interest.
When I use usrp->set_rx_freq(uhd::tune_request_t(target_freq,lo_offset)) I
am not sure what lo_offset is. I assume target_freq is the center freq to
which I want the RF to tune to. Is lo_offset the offset by which I want to *
push* the DC component so it ends up outside my band of interest ?
So in this case, if I made lo_offset say, once or twice my sampling rate,
should this be enough to accomplish this? Do I have to additionally set the
tuning policy to POLICY_MANUAL ?

I apologize if this question is too basic for this list.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Sanat